Constructed from high quality timbers in our UK workshop and finished by hand, this stunning Adam Series 'Hard Rock' T-type guitar is designed to hit hard, most suited for genres from blues rock through to metal and excelling and fast riffing and single note runs. It's the ultimate hot T-type. By taking the traditional woods of a Gibson Les Paul, blending them with the feel of a Fender Telecaster®, and adding hard hitting, hot BKP pickups and our own special twist, we've created a guitar that is born to rock. Featuring a wildly figured and highly spalted maple drop top mated with a two piece Honduras mahogany body wrapped in gloss nitrocellulose, a mahogany neck with ebony finger board, a Bare Knuckle Pickups' Piledriver pickup set, Gotoh bridge with brass saddles and Oak Grigsby four-way switching, this guitar offers the hottest Tele® tones and one-of-a-kind good looks. The rest of the package is top-drawer too, with parts carefully chosen without compromise from the most trusted manufacturers in the industry, including Sperzel USA Trimlok machine heads, a Tusq XL nut, Bournes potentiometers, Sprague capacitor, Switchcraft output jack and Jim Dunlop flush mounted strap locks. A hand cut, crystal clear acrylic pickguard completes this stunning build (we couldn’t bear to hide that spalted maple!). Includes a limited lifetime warranty to original owner. Supplied in a Gator Deluxe LED edition case complete with a handmade 3” black leather strap . Take this rare opportunity to buy this truly unique guitar from stock, or contact us to commission your own build.
Malone Guitars 'Adam Series' Hard Rock
- Body: Two piece Honduras mahogany with spalted maple drop top, finished with clear gloss top/black gloss back and sides nitrocellulose
- Neck: Honduras mahogany with Crelicam ebony fingerboard. Modern thin C profile, 9.5" radius, 25.5" scale, 42mm nut/56mm heel, 20.5mm thickness at 1st fret/22mm at 12th fret. Satin shellac 'fast finish'
- Pickups: Bare Knuckle Pickups 'Piledriver' set
- Bridge: Gotoh 'In Tune' modern bridge with compensated brass saddles
- Frets: 22 stainless steel medium jumbo
- Tuners: Sperzel USA 'Trimlok' locking tuners
- Nut: Black Tusq XL
- Pickguard: custom cut 3mm crystal clear acrylic
- Electronics: Bournes potentiometers, Sprague orange drop capacitor, four-way Oak Grigsby switch, Switchcraft jack and vintage cloth wiring
- Strings: Rotosound 10s
- Strap buttons: Jim Dunlop USA flush mount strap locks
- Case: Gator Deluxe LED edition
- Strape: Handmade 3” black by Leathergraft Liverpool
The Piledriver has high output sledgehammer performance and impact with masses of full, fat drive and true slab-bodied grunt.
These coils have the output of a hot humbucker and all the frequency response of a true single coil, which makes them perfect for the modern player looking for the ultimate hot Tele® coil set.
The Piledriver Tele® set sacrifices none of the original Tele® character in the pursuit of well-defined power. Rich and deep bottom end combine with fat single coil clarity for a truly versatile set of high output pickups.
Designed with the modern Tele® player in mind, the Piledriver set has a throaty mid range and fuller, sweeter highs so that fast riffing has a real edge and single note work really punches through. Although the Piledriver output will give any humbucker a run for its money, the voice is pure Telecaster® with a rounder, darker twang and a fatter snap in the bass. Clean playing has plenty of depth and a warmer, treble response compared to lower output vintage coils, while overdriven tones are strong, capable of controlled harmonic feedback and tremendously tight crunch tones. The bridge coil uses a slightly thicker zinc plated steel baseplate for extra definition and punch.