Constructed from high quality timbers and finished by hand in our UK workshop, this stunning Adam Series 'Studio' T-type guitar is designed for recording, studio use and the serious musician.
With a nod to the dark tones and looks of George Harrison's famous Rosewood Fender Telecaster®, yet keeping an eye to sustainability, we have substituted timbers with similar densities and tonal qualities to create our own spin on a classic. Featuring a gorgeous hand stained and French polished American white oak body, polished bare wenge neck, a Bare Knuckle Pickups' Brown Sugar pickup set, Gotoh bridge with titanium saddles and Oak Grigsby four-way switching, the Adam Studio offers all the rocky Tele® tones a player could ever need - and more - with the great looks, reliability and feel to match.
The rest of the package is top-drawer too, with parts carefully chosen without compromise from the most trusted manufacturers in the industry: Sperzel USA Trimlok machine heads, a Tusq XL nut, CTS potentiometers, Sprague capacitor, Switchcraft output jack and Jim Dunlop flush mounted strap locks complete this build.
Includes limited lifetime warranty to original owner. Supplied in a Gator Deluxe LED edition case complete with a handmade 3” black leather strap .
Take this rare opportunity to buy this truly unique guitar from stock, or contact us to commission your own build.
Malone Guitars 'Adam Series' Studio
- Body: American white oak with pewter stain and French polished shellac finish
- Neck: wenge with polished bare wood finish. Modern thin C profile, 25.5" sclae, 9.5" radius, 42mm nut/56mm heel, 20.5mm thickness at 1st fret/22mm at 12th fret
- Pickups: Bare Knuckle Pickups 'Brown Sugar' set
- Bridge: Gotoh 'In Tune' Ti-TC2 bridge with compensated titanium saddles
- Frets: 22 stainless steel medium jumbo
- Tuners: Sperzel USA 'Trimlok' locking tuners
- Nut: Black Tusq XL
- Pickguard: black eight hole single ply
- Electronics: Bareknuckle/CTS 280k potentiometer, Sprague orange drop capacitor, four-way Oak Grigsby switch, Switchcraft jack and vintage cloth wiring
- Strings: Rotosound 10s
- Strap buttons: Jim Dunlop USA flush mount strap locks
- Case: Gator Deluxe LED edition
- Strape: Handmade 3” black by Leathergraft Liverpool
The Brown Sugar is a vintage hot Tele® set with classic mid range grind, tight bass and characteristic bite in the high-end. Well suited to players looking for authentic Tele® tones with a distinct rock voice.
This pickup has been voiced entirely to capture a tonal vibe rather than any specific vintage era, and the Brown Sugar Tele® set oozes rock'n'roll attitude. Scatter-wound with polysol wire for extra output and a more pronounced mid-growl, the treble response is bright and percussive with a fast pick attack. The copper plated steel baseplate on the bridge coil keeps the bass response tight with low notes, retaining the pickup’s depth and punch, while the neck coil has a complementary warm and woody tone. Clean tones have a bright snap to the front of each note, darker than lower output Tele® coils with a fuller single note tone. The intentional rock voicing of the Brown Sugar set suits a wide range of driven tones from mild break up through to full saturation with an overdriven amp, and full wax potting ensures no microphonic squealing.